We're all officially attached to Piccante. He's only been here a week but has SO much more personality now. Everytime we turn around he's pooping or peeing on something (or someone), but he's the highlight of everyone's day!
I finally got a picture of my side of my room!! Our apartment's distinct stinch gets worse by the day but I still love living across from the Mercato. There's so many cool things right in our piazza. We go to The Fish Pub across the street to hang out alot because they play American music, and have officially become regulars. The owner even lets us pick what songs we want to hear!
Thursday night was Samantha's friend's, Ashley, last night in Florence. She had been working as a nanny for a family but decided it was time to go home. We decorated the apartment with tons of bows & pink streamers, and we threw a "Ciao Bella!" dinner party! We made tons of food (I was in charge of nachos) and served it with candy & wine!! After dinner we went dancing at YAB which was PACKED & playing really weird techno music. At one point, Luisa & I went outside for fresh air and I totally held my own (for like 2 minutes) in some Italian conversations. I was super excited about that!
(ashley!!)
(ashley's ciao bella dinner decor)Yesterday we went to the Florentina v. Genova soccer match. We took a bus to get to the stadium and sat on like the 4th row. Florence won (1-0)! The fans have no problem cussing out the opposing team at any given point during the game. I wasn't really into the game but it was a fun experience.
(me, megan, katie, luisa at the soccer game)
(everyone's favorite player--mutu)After the game Luisa and I went and hung out with some Aussies and South Africans. They were SUPER nice & really funny! That's one thing I'm really loving about Florence--there's such a diverse group of people here and the tourists/students my age are always up for making new friends.
I get to go to the Uffizi this week with one of my classes so I am really excited to FINALLY get to see Botticelli's Birth of Venus & all that other great stuff!!
Thanks for all the e-mails & mail!
Ciao! <33

