
(Outside the Museo Salvatore Ferragamo)
Museo Salvatore Ferragamo--
Salvatore Ferragamo was an Italian shoe designer who started a totally revolutionary showmaking technique (the Feragamo method). Thanks to Mr. Ferragamo I am able to wear my cork wedges!
Right now the exhibition's theme is colour. There was a huge color wheel made of his shoes which was so pretty! All the shoes were arranged according to their dominate color. It was cool reading about what each color has represented throughout history (definately helps when analyzing paintings!).
There were wooden lasts on display of tons of classic Hollywood stars -- Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Sofia Loren ... And beautiful pictures. I got really excited when I saw a photograph of one of Ferragamo's shoes taken by Christo, one half of my favorite environmental installation artist duo Christo & Jeanne-Claude (they were responsible for the Gates in New York).
The coolest part about the whole thing is that you can go upstairs to the actual Ferragamo shoe store, browse booklets of all the shoes that were in the exhibit, and order a custom made pair for you! ...I already picked out my faves! (early birthday present anyone?)
Megan and I are officially "regulars" at the gelato shop across the street. Money (the gelato man ... & I doubt that's how you really spell his name) let's us practice Italian with him which is pretty exciting. I actually got to say "Mi chiami Jordan. Sono Americana di Alabama. Ho venti anni. Habito in Piazza Mercato Centrale. Studio arte." Impressive, huh?
(Me, Samantha, & Ashley)
I went & saw the sunset over the Ponte Vecchio -- Very Pretty!


(The Ponte Vecchio)
I get to go to a Florence soccer game next weekend so I'm getting really excited about that. Apparently soccer is a big deal here ... it's the football of Italy. I've heard the fans get pretty fiesty (they're not kidding around when they say nose bleed section) but Lorenzo de Medici organized the whole thing so hopefully I'll come back the way I left. =)
CIAO!